Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Finally Finished

I have been wanting to build a bench in my upstairs playroom since we have moved into our home 6 years ago. With much scared hesitation I did it. I really like how it turned out and the best part is it only cost me $40 and it hides all of the plastic boxes, but still lets the kids find what they are looking for.

I also finished the rain gutter book shelves. It was the easiest thing that I have done with such a great impact.

Added some great old wooden crates to hold books for my little one to grab. I also made throw pillows for comfort. The larger pillow was made by two dishtowels from Anthropologie. This is a great way to find fun fabrics and it will fit the size of a 16 x 16 pillow perfectly. The middle pillow was inspired by the lotus pillow from Anthro. Using all of the rement fabrics from my vintage fabric collection. The small pillow was just something fun.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Hey! I was thinking of doing the same rain gutter shelves!Were they difficult to put on the wall? Looks like you've been busy!
-Maureen

Kat Clark said...

So adorable Jenn! I am so impressed!!!